Monday 22 November 2010

Explanations

So it feels a little weird coming back to this after about 6 months, but things have slowed down and I feel able to get back into the groove as it were. I do feel that I owe people an explanation as to why.

Back in October 2009, my mother was diagnosed with a grade 3 breast cancer. Of course, life became a circus from then due to her treatment. As if that wasn't hard enough to cope with, she was also diagnoised with Chronic Meyloid Leukaemia while they were giving her the body MOT before her chemotherapy started.

Since then she's had chemo, a masectomy, radiotherapy and is now on Herceptin for her breast cancer, and she's on a course of cytoxic tablets for her leukaemia (chemo drugs). May was around the time she had her masectomy, hence why I kind of dropped off the radar, as well as my life getting hectic with work and my scouting.

So there you have it. My mum is about getting back to strength and is looking to return to work just after christmas, which is good. I'm just thankful that cancer treatment has come so far in recent years that I still have her with me.

There's about to be a wrestling post, I just didn't want to ruin the sentiment of this one with a rant, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment