Monday 22 November 2010

New Divas Champion, anyone?

Okay, I've watched the diva's title match from Survivor Series already, and as one of my close online friends can tell you, I'm not a happy bunny.

Do I like the fact we have a new champion? Yes I do. I think Nattie deserves such an honour

Do I like the fact Beth Pheonix is back? Yes I do. Beth's awesome and will kill you with a glance.

Did I like the match? No, I didn't.

Firstly, it was far too short. Including the entrances and the angle with Beth on the end, the entire thing was 9 and a half minutes.

Hello piss break.

Secondly, the 2 on 1 handicap element was hyped SO MUCH on the previous Smackdown that it smacked you in the face with a fresh haddock, but it wasn't played up to in the match. ONE INSTANCE of Lay-Cool playing the numbers game in the ENTIRE MATCH. The whole point of a handicap match is to play on that numbers advantage and have the singleton fight against the odds, and it was as if she was wrestling 1 person.

*facepalm*

Thirdly, WHERE THE HELL WAS THE PSYCHOLOGY?! This match seemed to have NO story to tell at all, which considering WWE have spent 3 FREAKING MONTHS building up this feud, its a major let down. Yes, they played on Natalyla hurting her back after Michelle pulled her off the apron in the ONE NUMBER'S GAME ATTEMPT, but outside of that, where was it? There was no story of the face fighting with everything she had against the heels with the advantage and power on their side. It was beatdown on Nattie, tag, beatdown on Nattie, go for double team move, Nattie counters and shows great strength, angry brawl on outside, Nattie dominates, McCool tries to get offense, Nattie shoves them together and they "smack heads", McCool taps out, the end.

Seriously, if that's storytelling in a match, then WWE has gone even further down the freaking toilet then I first thought.

I'm hoping that the return of Beth is a step in the right direction and leads to some good match ups, but then I don't hold my breath.

Oh well, I shouldn't get my hopes up really, should I?

Until next time, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment